How does Fiber Reinforcement help in dentistry?
• Fiber-reinforced restorations have a higher fracture resistance.
• Fiber Reinforcement helps to reinforce fractures in teeth similar to rebar in construction (1).
What is Ever X Flow?
• Randomly-oriented short glass fibers (2).
• To be used as a bulk dentin replacement within restorations to mimic the stress-taking capabilities of the dentin (3).
• Ever X Posterior is not available in USA, but Ever X Flow is.
How do you place Ever X Flow?
• Ever X Flow cannot be placed facing the external part of the tooth because the fibers will stick out.
• Usually start with Immediate Dentin Seal, then Resin Coat
• Place Ever X in bulk ~2-3 mm thick, cure 40 seconds
• Finish by covering with normal packable composite over it to cover the fibers and achieve an esthetic finish.
General Dentist. Author at The Tooth Bank and create content for our social media with a focus on providing information for new dentists..